Due to the Covid-19, volunteer opportunities have been postponed until further notice. Please stay abreast of changes by visiting our website or Facebook. Thank you.
BECOMING A VOLUNTEER
DreamBuilders welcomes youth and adult volunteers who want to use their own hands to make lives of others better! Share your energy, time, and skills with our interfaith group to repair our universe. We fill all sorts of housing needs for our neighbors in Maryland and elsewhere.
Prior construction experience is not required. Make a difference, gain a fresh perspective, learn new skills, and meet wonderful folks. You may make new friends, too!
Thank you for offering to register to volunteer and support DreamBuilders.
To volunteer, complete the registration form, include payment (if applicable) and select skill level (if applicable).
DreamBuilders has developed a project to support the local community while keeping our volunteers safe. DreamBuilders team members have designed a portable desk, and our goal is to produce desks for local families in need for the upcoming virtual school semester.
Some of the manufacturing tasks will require special skills. In particular, careful attention to detail is required when cutting and assembling components of the desk. You will be directed to sign up to specific stations based on the type of work and skill level required. Please follow the links below to select your desired volunteer date and station selection process.
Many of the work stations require teams of two or three individuals. Due to the Coronavirus social distancing challenges, we are asking only immediate family members or close friends with previous contact to volunteer for the multi-person teams (this can be done directly when signing up for stations).
We also ask that you bring masks since there may be circumstances where you will be within 6 feet of a person who is not a family member. If you have any signs of illness (of any sort), we respectfully ask you and your contacts to refrain from participation.
We are also asking those who sign up to commit to working the full day, from 8:30 AM until 4:00 PM, to limit foot traffic and the need for retraining mid-day. These precautions and other measures we will have in place are to minimize potential exposure to the Coronavirus.
If you answer “yes” to any of the following questions, we ask that you refrain from volunteering at this time.
1. Have you tested positive for COVID-19 infection in the past month?
2. Have you or any of your close contacts had any of the following symptoms in the past 21 days?
Fever | Cough | Sore throat | Difficulty breathing | Loss of taste | Loss of smell Chills | Body aches
3. Have you traveled by air, train, or cruise ship in the past 21 days?
4. Have any persons living in your home in the past 21 days been diagnosed with COVID-19 infection, or, been tested for COVID-19 infection due to symptoms?
5. Have you or anyone in your household received treatment in a hospital, nursing home, or long-term care facility in the past 21 days?
6. Are you or anyone in your household a health care provider or emergency responder who in the past 21 days has been caring for patients diagnosed with COVID-19 infection?
NOTE: By registering to volunteer, you acknowledge that to your knowledge you have not been exposed to or contracted the virus. If you become ill after you have registered, please contact us by noon on November 6, 2020 respectively. Thank you.